Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Days 12 and 13

Okay, I'm slipping a little and need to include 2 days into one.  At least I haven't given up completely!!

Day 12 is something I'm OCD about.  Anyone who knows me, knows I am OCD about more than a few things, but I'll just pick one for today.  I'm totally OCD about not having crumbs on my floor.  This is something that is drives me, especially having a 2 and a 4 year old around.  I am constantly (okay, like, 4 or 5 times a day) sweeping my floors.  We live in housing provided by my hubby's work, and let's just say it's a far cry from the brand new home we owned just over a year ago.  I miiiiissssss my central vac.  I could just plug it in, zip around, and - voila!  Crumbs be gone!  I've had to retrain in using a dust pan over the last year which sucks, but at least it keeps the crumbs at bay!

Day 13 is a favorite fiction book.  I've always been a fan of John Grisham, and have loved most of his books, but the one I keep going back to is one of his first one.  A Time To Kill is a great book (he wrote this book first, had it rejected by many publishers, and then after The Firm, The Pelican Brief and The Client became best sellers, it was reprinted and became a best seller in it's own right).  The premise is a black father kills the two white men that raped and left his daughter for dead.  It covers the court battle and the inside goings on of racially charged Mississippi during the trial.  If you've seen the movie, read the book - it's so much better (aren't they always?)!

That's about it!  Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helloooooo, where are you ? I miss you !

Just wanted to tell you that we are loving your pizza dough recipe. Yum-o ! Seriously, the best one I have EVER tasted !