Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 4 WOO HOO!

Yeah! I made it 4 whole days in a row! Go me!!
Ahem. Anyhow, today's topic is favorite book.


I love reading (when I get time) and usually only read at night before bed, which more often than not, leads to a very late bedtime. I think the kids know when I've been up reading late, the next day tends to be very early. So, needless to say, I don't get as much reading in as I used to.


Having said that, I just finished a book (for the second time) called Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.





It is the first hand account of the 1996 Mount Everest Disaster, where on one day (the day he made summit on the mountain) eight climbers were killed and others injured when a storm suddenly came in.

For some reason, I've always been kind of enamoured with Mt. Everest, and find this story so interesting. It covers the whole climb, from his arrival in Tibet, to base camp to the top and all of the intricacies involved in a climb. This is such an amazing, exciting and tragic story all at the same time.

I have always been a huge fan of non-fiction, I find autobiographies intriguing and love true stories of tragedy and triumph. This story is riveting to me, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Like I said, I finished it for the second time (I read books like I watch movies, apparently!) and I will probably read it again in a year or so.

What is your favorite book?

Cheers!

No comments: