Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 8!

Day 8 of the challenge calls for a picture that makes you angry or sad.  Kind of a downer, dontchya think?  Oh well, I guess it's reality, so here goes.  I didn't have a picture that came to mind immediately, so I had to go looking for one that correlated to something that makes me mad.

What makes me angry is this:

I just can't get over how bad the economy is, and how many people are losing their homes.  People who had good jobs, people who have children, people who thought that their lives would never turn into this.  The actions of a few are affecting millions of people who don't deserve to lose the rewards of years of hard work.

We haven't been affected like others have, thankfully, and I can't imagine our life savings, the kids' university funds, everything - wiped out in an instant.  It makes me so angry when I hear the government say that things are on the upswing, and that everything is great - ask the people who are a month away from being kicked out of their home, or the people that have been on 50 job interviews with out a hope of getting a job.

I can only hope that very soon, things start to happen for these people, I could handle losing my home, but it would kill me to have my kids lose a stable place to call home.

No comments: