Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 9 of the 30 day challenge...

Well, I'm still here doing the 30 day challenge - I'm really liking it, but seeing what I have to post tomorrow has me stumped - but I'll worry about that later!  Anyway, today's challenge is to post a       picture that I took.  That's easy enough, but what picture to choose



I took these pictures on a little road in our town.  I know I'm only supposed to post one picture, what can I say, I'm an overachiever!  Anyhow, earlier in the summer, the bears were coming into town, so there was a humane bear trap set up.  When I saw this I was so excited (I love watching wildlife, and just loved the thought of seeing a bear in town). 

Anyway, they set this trap up and the kids and I kind of stalked it.  We would go for a drive a few times a day to see if there was anything in the trap.  The pictures don't show it, but there is a big bag of bait hanging inside of the trap, so I figured if the bears are coming into town, it means they're hungry.  This bag of food would attract them for sure! 

Well, this trap caught no bear.  Pretty soon they removed it, and I never did see a bear in town.  We did, however see a lot of bears out at the dump, and would go bear watch almost every night.  What can I say, there's not much to do in this town!  I later found out that another town had tried to use these bear traps and they never worked, so they sold them to our town.  Apparently the record stands - still no bear.

There is so much about living in the north that I love, and most people up here would probably roll their eyes at me, but coming from the prairies, I have never lived around the mountains and wildlife they have up here.  I can see why they say once you live up here, you won't want to move back home.

On that note, hubby gets home today from being south for a week and a half, and as excited as I am to see him, I'm even more excited to see the brand new camera he bought me! 

Cheers!


No comments: