Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Monday, April 4, 2011

There I Go...

Disappearing again! 

I've been doing a lot of reading, but not a lot of blogging lately...

Life around here is about to get super crazy, and I'm not looking forward to it!  I'm not a person to be worried by things, I have no problems falling asleep at night and don't let things gnaw away at me.  But, lately, I've been worrying about anything and everything. 

So.  In an attempt to get these stupid thoughts out of my head, in no particular order, here they are!

- I fly out with the 2 kids alone on Friday for a 3 1/2 hour and then a 1 hour flight.  Alone.

- We are gone from here for 5 weeks to visit family (isn't that enough of a stomach eater?!?!) and back for 2 weeks before we move.

- The previously mentioned move is to another city, an hour flight away (we are in a remote area only accessible by airplane during the summer, ice roads in the winter)

- Did I mention I've got 2 weeks to get ready for the move after holidays?  2. Weeks.

- I'm not looking forward to moving with a 3 year old and a 4 year old.

- We were told at my son's "speech therapy" appointment (this is in quotations because I think the SLP got her credentials from a cracker jack box) that there was concern about him being on the autism spectrum.

- Spent 3 days crying and freaking out after said appointment.

- Started smoking again after almost 2 months of being smoke free after getting this wonderful news (and believe me, I know that there is no good reason to start again, no excuses.  I just didn't give a shit about my quit at. all. at this point)

- Going to have to pick out a school for my daughter to go to in the fall for kindergarten and have no idea what school will fit her the best - trying to do research, but until we get there, I'll have no idea.

Okay, I'm leaving my issues here for tonight, not rolling around in my head keeping me from sleeping (and if you've ever met me on little sleep, I don't function well at all).  I'm thinking my next post will be a list of great things going on in my life....

I'll give you a preview..

- My two awesome kids, I could spend all day laughing at them.  Goofs.

2 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh my goodness! The flight alone would cause me trauma. No wonder you are stressed! Sending a prayer your way, for you and your sweet boy.

Claire said...

Thanks for the prayers - very much appreciated! We're off for testing next week, so we should know more, but he's still my goofy, happy little man no matter what!!