Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Thought We Came Here To Get Away From This...

Mission accomplished!  We flew home last Friday, successfully I might add (as in: no one was injured, permanently physically or emotionally damaged, or thrown out of any airport or airplane).  With that being done, I said that I probably won't travel with the kids by myself again next time (which I believe is what I say every time we arrive back home), so we'll have to see. 

At this point, please remind me of these words 8 or so months down the road when it's time to do this all over again.  Please.

Anyhow, we made it home to my inlaw's city, and the following day we travelled to my home town 2 1/2 hours away.  Where I live now, there really is no driving.  Unless you count driving the 24 seconds to the store, post office and bank. 

Yes, I drive.  Don't judge.

The drive to my hometown was awesome, and even though spring around here entails having to look at brown, dead and muddy land everywhere, I loved being able to see the ground!  I haven't seen the actual ground since last fall, and I missed it.  Spring was just trying to burst out of the ground here and I loved the moist/muddy/fresh smells that were filling the air.

Until.

Last night, we got about 3 inches of snow.  Seriously????  We just left the extremely far north to get away from this (well, and to see our families).  We still have 10 foot snow banks in our front yard, and we have to go through this all over again? 

Time to get the shovel out.  Again.  But, at least my hubby arrived safely last night before all hell broke loose weather wise.  For that I can be thankful. 

It's been a long week with appointments, and a very trying one.  Our 3 year old son has some developmental issues (which I'll blog about soon), and to be truthful, I'm ready to just forget about having to make decisions for the next little while.  On top of that, we just found out that we're moving in June.  We get back from holidays May 16th, and we're moving in June.  Yep.

Lots on my mind, but I just keep telling myself that everything works out in it's own time.  It just has a way of doing that. 

So, for now, I'll shovel, and not worry about the rest.

3 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

That's awesome you made it through the flight. I couldn't make it through an hour of church today with my toddler. We ended up in the hall. Had we been in a plane, my son and I may have had a breakdown together. :)

My hometown was a square mile in Iowa. I wanted to get away when I was living there, but now I miss it.

S.I.F. said...

I was freaking out for you for a second before I realized this post is from a month ago! NO MORE SNOW!! :)

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

I've never seen that much snow! When it snows here (Tx), we get just enough to maybe coat the ground. But usually it melts as soon as it lands.

www.rebeccabany.com
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/becbany