Since I turned 37 last month, I thought I would post 37 things I know - whether it is about me or just life experiences. I love reading getting to know you posts, and thought this would be a great way to have you know me a little better.
1. I am a middle child - and don't seem to have as much of an issue about it as a lot of people do.
2. I chewed my fingernails as a child, and was told by a family friend that "no boy will ever like you if you keep doing that". It crushed my ego, and apparently still has an effect to this day if I still remember that.
3. I love cats, grew up with cats, but lost the "animal love of my life" in my dog, who was 13, a year and a half ago.
4. I married at 23, and was told by a few that maybe we should wait. We are both type A personalities, so listening to anyone's opinions wasn't an option. We will celebrate our 14th anniversary this year.
5. I am quick to judge, quick to speak and slow to listen at times.
6. I am outgoing most of the time, but don't like to go out. I prefer to stay home with my family.
7. We struggled to have a family for almost 9 years, and 2 months before our 10th anniversary, I gave birth to our daughter.
8. I always took for granted I would have kids no problem. I'm used to getting my way, so having to wait 9 years was a crushing blow.
9. I think I would die without my kids.
10. I love sports, and hate going to people's houses to watch games because I'm usually expected to hang out with the wives, none of who likes sports. I hate to miss a game.
11. I love chocolate, almost to a fault.
12. I am blunt, almost to a fault.
13. I love my coffee in the morning, and drank it (with caffiene) during both of my pregnancies.
14. I don't have a lot of really close friends, but the few that I do, I would do anything for.
15. I think child abusers will never be rehabilitated.
16. My husband is one of the most open men I know, and the best Dad for our kids that I could ever imagine - he is way too much fun!
17. I love the Biggest Loser.
18. I hate fighting with someone, as I always say the wrong thing, it's taken the wrong way, making it very easy to use against me. I'm not a quick thinker that way.
19. I need to have more patience.
20. I wish I would have gone to Europe when I had the chance as a young adult.
21. I am against the death penalty, until someone does something serious to someone I love.
22. I regret not finishing my university degree.
23. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
24. I sometimes have a hard time allowing myself to be happy.
25. I am more my father's daughter than I probably realize.
26. If I had to do it all over again, I would marry my husband again, in a heartbeat.
27. If I had to do it all over again, I would have said no to that first cigarette.
28. I get hungover after 2 drinks.
29. I don't sleep as much as I should, I value my "me" time at night when the kids are in bed, and just can't bring myself to go to bed early.
30. I don't eat breakfast most days.
31. I hate most horror movies, I can't stand feeling uneasy for 2 hours, but I watch them because my husband is scared to watch them alone.
32. I would love to find something to do at home to make more money, but haven't found the right thing, yet.
33. I judge people, although I try not to. I also have a lot of compassion for people.
34. I wish I had more time and imagination to write in my blog.
35. I am not a housewife, I am a stay at home Mom.
36. I appreciate how hard my husband works probably more than I let him know.
37. I never could have predicted how my life would go, but through the ups and downs, I wouldn't change a thing. The most important things in the world to me are my husband, my daughter and my son. I would be rich if that's all I had!