Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Appliance Queen

Oh, how I love new appliances!!  It's a rush every time I order a new small appliance for my kitchen (or other gadgets for around the house!).  No, I'm not addicted to shopping, in fact I detest shopping.  So much so, that I won't go to Vegas with certain friends because all they want to do is shop.  Not my idea of fun.

Back to my appliances.

Where we live, it's very difficult to do any shopping.  We have to order pretty much everything over the internet.  Suits me fine - I'd rather be shopping in my jammies anyway!  One of my favorite purchases has been my bread maker.  I heart this bread maker - it even makes jam, would you believe?  Well, believe it, it's true!

photo courtesy google images

I've had my bread maker for a little over a year, and use it at least every other day.

My latest purchases have been a waffle maker and a toaster.  I really like my new Cuisinart toaster, but I looooooove my new Belgium waffle maker!  Love, love, love.



photo courtesy of google images


I think one of the reasons I love this waffle maker so much is the fantastic recipe I found to make the waffles.  It is a little complex, uses yeast, and is best if left overnight.  So, the plan is that I will make this waffle dough (it really is a dough - not runny at all!) on Saturday night, and we have yummo waffles every Sunday morning.  Doesn't take much to make this prairie girl happy!



1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

I want a waffle maker so so so bad!!