Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 4

It's now day 4, and I have to say I'm doing pretty darn good!  I've had cravings here and there, but nothing unmanageable.  Today, though, I woke up with a screamin' headache and the feeling like my eyeballs are going to explode - but I might just be getting sick, who knows...

When you're doing something like quitting smoking, try to lose weight, etc.  they say that the most successful people are the ones who seek support from others.  I never really bought into that, as I'm a pretty private person and very proud, so I hardly ever ask for help.  However, I searched Google for a quit smoking support board and found one I thought I could hang around with.  I registered, introduced myself, and found myself faced with a whole mess of welcomes and congratulations from its members.  Now if that doesn't make a person feel good....!

I have also posted on another board that I frequent and was met with another onslaught of well wishes.  Two things occurred to me in all of this.  One, people just wantto encourage others and share their experiences with them.  Two, the encouragement and support from complete strangers does wonders!  I feel completely stronger in my quit because of all of the great comments I've gotten.

I truly believe this applies in no matter what you're setting out to do - quit smoking, lose weight, change habits, anything. 

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to give me their support, every single comment does make a difference!

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

I'm so happy you've gotten so much support lady! You deserve it! This is such a huge endeavor, and one that I really think is going to make such an incredible difference in your life!!

Claire said...

You're a doll! Thanks SIF!