Thoughts From The Wells

Welcome to a Northern Girl's Take on Things

Friday, September 23, 2011

My heart melts!

So much has been going on with the big girl starting school, today is show and tell (my bet is there will be at least 78 barbies...) and there are new friendships being made every day.  My daughter is, shall we say, a loud, unabashed free spirit.  She has the biggest heart and the best intentions but isn't quite in the know about socially acceptable behaviour yet (as I'm sure all kids her age aren't to some extent).  She makes her teacher laugh daily, and was called a "silly monkey" by said teacher last week (or so she says - she also has the biggest imagination).

Well, she has found her twin.  Yep, there really is another kid out there as, well, out there as Jayda.  It is the funniest thing to watch them meet on the playground every morning - with screams and hugs as if they hadn't seen each other in years.  That just melts my heart.  One of the things we want for our kids is to have wonderful, meaningful relationships with their friends, and I definitely see a long friendship between these two kids.  So awesome!

It's only been 2 weeks since school has started...wouldn't that be something if she found her true BFF 2 weeks into kindergarten? 

1 comment:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh, I love this! One of my favorite things is to see my kids make friends. I'm so glad she found her twin. :)